Terms of Service
The use of Terms of Service from Nerdster Pty Ltd constitutes agreement to these terms.
1.) Account Setup / Email on file
We will setup your account after we have received payment and we and/or our payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) for fraudulent material. It is your responsibility to provide us with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. In dedicated server purchases or high risk transactions, it will be necessary to provide government issued identification and possibly a scan of the credit card used for the purchase. If you fail to meet these requirements, the order may be considered fraudulent in nature and be denied.
Our transfers team will make every effort to help you move your site to us. However, transfers are provided as a courtesy service, and we can not make guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account transfer. Each hosting company is configured differently, and some hosting platforms save data in an incompatible or proprietary format, which may make it extremely difficult if not impossible to migrate some or all account data. We will try our best, but in some cases we may be unable to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host.
The free transfer services are available for 30 days from your sign-up date. Transfers outside of the 30 day free period will incur a charge; please contact a member of the transfers department with specific details to receive a price quote.
All services provided by Nerdster may only be used for lawful purposes. The laws of the States and Territories of Australia apply.
The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Nerdster from any claims resulting from the use of our services.
Use of our services to infringe upon any copyright or trademark is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of music, books, photographs, or any other copyrighted work.The offer of sale of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder will result in the immediate termination of your account. If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed upon, please email email@example.com with the information required.If the request is of a licensing issue, we may require further documentation.
Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:
IRC Bots, Proxy Scripts / Anonymizers, Pirated Software / Warez, image, filedump, mirror, or banner-ad services (similar to rapidshare, photobucket, or commercial banner ad rotation), affiliate servers, topsites, commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams), Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange), sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, muds / rpg’s, hate sites, hacker focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts. Forums and or websites that distribute or link to warez content are prohibited.
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device is not permitted, with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account.
Examples of unacceptable material on Dedicated servers include:
Pirated Software / Warez, Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange), sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, hate sites, hacker focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts. Forums and or websites that distribute or link to warez content are prohibited.
Nerdster services, including all related equipment, networks and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. Nerdster systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. Use of Nerdster system(s) constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our terms of service in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Failure to respond to email from our abuse department within 48 hours may result in the suspension or termination of your services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via troubleticket/email and will have a response within 48 hours.
If in doubt regarding the acceptability of your site or service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
Potential harm to minors is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography (Lolita):
Any site found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice And the appropriate authorities notified.
Resellers: we will suspend the site in question and will notify you so you may terminate the account. We will further monitor your activity; more than one infraction of this type may result in the immediate termination of your account.
Direct customers: Your services will be terminated with or without notice.
Violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account.This includes the compromise of credentials such as user-name and password. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change/update your password.
Click Here to generate passwords.
3.) Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail,bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists” and “double opt-in” will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.
Please read http://www.nerdster.com.au/mailing-policy-and-limits/ for our generalized mail policy.
Sites advertised via SPAM (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers.This provision includes, but is not limited to SPAM sent via fax, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
Nerdster reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion.
Nerdster reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a clean up fee.This cost of the clean up fee is entirely at the discretion of Nerdster.
4.) Payment Information
You agree to supply appropriate payment for the services received from Nerdster, in advance of the time period during which such services are provided. You agree that until and unless you notify Nerdster of your desire to cancel any or all services received, those services will be billed on a recurring basis.
As of July 1st 2012, all service invoices will be generated on the 1st day of each month. All invoices are due within 7 days.
As a client of Nerdster, it is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all invoices are paid on time. Nerdster provides a 7 day grace period from the time the invoice is due and when it must be paid. Any invoice that is overdue for 7 days and not paid will result in a late fee , 14 days overdue will result in services being suspended until account balance has been paid in full, 21 days overdue a termination of service notice is issued and 45 days overdue the account is classed as closed and the data is terminated.
Nerdster reserves the right the terminate services due to non payment after 45 days of overdue date.
Invoices that have been paid more than once with multiple Paypal Subscriptions can only be added as credit towards the account and cannot be refunded via Paypal. If you require assistance with this provision, please contact email@example.com
Nerdster reserves the right to change the monthly payment amount and any other charges at anytime.
5.) Backups and Data Loss
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. Nerdster is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account.You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on Nerdster servers. Data, data backup(s) and the integrity of such backup(s) remain the account holders’ responsibility at all times.
6.) Cancellations and Refunds
Nerdster reserves the right to cancel the account at any time with or without notice.
Refunds can take up to 150 days, this is due to the fraud screening process.
Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services.
Cancellations must be via the client area cancellation of service options (more information on how to cancel a service below).
Once we receive your cancellation request and have confirmed all necessary information with you, we will inform you in writing (typically email) that your account has been canceled. Your cancellation confirmation will contain a ticket/tracking number in the subject for your reference, and for verification purposes. You should immediately receive an automatic “Your request has been received…” email with a tracking number. An employee will confirm your request (and process your cancellation) shortly thereafter. If you do not hear back from us, or do not receive the automatic confirmation email within a few minutes after submitting your cancellation, please contact us immediately via email.
We require that cancellations of service are done through the client area to;
- Confirm your identity
- Confirm in writing you are prepared for all files/emails to be removed
- Documentation of the cancellation request
This process reduces the likelihood of mistakes, fraudulent/malicious requests, and ensures you are aware that the files, emails, and account may be removed immediately after a cancellation request is processed.
To proceed with a cancellation of a service, log into your client area here: https://secure.nerdster.com.au/clientarea.php
- Go to Services >> My Services
- On the right hand side of your service /s there is a “View Details” button, click on this button.
- Now you will see Management Actions tab, click on the Management Actions tab and you will see the Request Cancellation.
Service cancellation requests must be processed at least 7 days prior to the next billing date to prevent future invoices being generated. No refunds are available for services unused prior to cancellation request. If no cancellation request has been made, all services are classed as active and payment is required, regardless of services suspension period due to non payments.
You should also check that all PayPal subscription payments that may be in place for this service are cancelled.
Nerdster gives you an unconditional 45 day money back guarantee on managed shared hosting, and reseller solutions for any customer who paid the first invoice with a credit card or with Paypal.
The following methods of payments are non-refundable, and refunds will be posted as credit to the hosting account:
- Bank Wire Transfers
- Western Union Payments
- Money orders
- Credit Cards
There are no refunds on dedicated servers, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.Refund requests for shared and reseller accounts after the initial 45 days will be refunded on a prorated basis of any unused time.
Only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. For example, if you’ve had an account with us before, canceled and signed up again, you will not be eligible for a refund or if you have opened a second account with us.
***Violations of the Terms of Service will waive the refund policy.***
7a.) Resource Usage
User may not:
a) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
b) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
c) Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
d) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
e) Run any bit torrent application,tracker,or client.You may link to legal torrents off-site but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
f) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities.
g) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc.
h) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include(“http://yourdomain.com/include.php”) use include(“include.php”)
The use of more than 50,000 inodes on any shared account may potentially result in suspension. Accounts found to be exceeding the 50,000 inode limit will automatically be removed from our backup system to avoid over-usage. Every file (a webpage, image file, email, etc) on your account uses up 1 inode.
Sites that slightly exceed our inode limits are unlikely to be suspended; however, accounts that constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, have hundreds of thousands of files, or cause file system damage may be flagged for review and/or suspension.
The primary cause of excessive inodes seems to be due to users leaving their catchall address enabled, but never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages (or more) build up, eventually pushing the account past our inode limit.To disable your default mailbox, login to cPanel and choose “Mail”, then “Default Address”, “Set Default Address”, and then type in: :fail: No such user here
8.) Bandwidth Usage
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance.This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
9a.) Money back Guarantee
On dedicated servers no full refund will be honored — the 15 day money back guarantee does not apply. We reserve the right to refund a prorated amount or no refund at all.
Each of Nerdster’s managed shared and reseller servers carry a 15 day unconditional money back guarantee on them. If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 15 days of your service, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount. Remember, this is only for monthly shared or reseller packages and does not apply to dedicated servers, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or domain name purchases. Customers also need to provide a cancellation request with a valid reason for the refund.
9b.) Up-time Guarantee
If your shared / reseller server has a physical downtime that is not within the 99.9% up-time you may receive one month of credit on your account. Approval of the credit is at the discretion of Nerdster, dependent upon justification provided. Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the monitor’s network capacity/transit availability.The up-time of the server is defined as the reported up-time from the operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the up-time reported by other individual services.To request a credit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with justification. All requests must be made in writing via email. Up-time guarantees only apply to shared / reseller solutions. Dedicated servers are covered by a network guarantee in which the credit is prorated for the amount of time the server is down which is not related to our up-time guarantee.
10.) Reseller: Client Responsibility
Resellers are responsible for supporting their clients. Nerdster does not provide support to our Resellers Clients. If a resellers client contacts us, we reserve the right to place the client account on hold until the reseller can assume their responsibility for their client. All support requests must be made by the reseller on their clients’ behalf for security purposes. Resellers are also responsible for all content stored or transmitted under their reseller account and the actions of their clients’. Nerdster will hold any reseller responsible for any of their clients actions that violate the law or the terms of service.
11.) Shared (non-reseller accounts) / Semi-dedicated Servers
Shared accounts may not resell web hosting to other people, if you wish to resell hosting you must use a reseller account. Semi-dedicated servers are not backed up. You must maintain your own backups.
12.) Dedicated Servers
Nerdster reserves the right to reset the password on a dedicated server if the password on file is not current so that we may do security audits as required by our datacenter.It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that there is a valid email address and current root password on file for their dedicated server on file to prevent downtime from forced password resets. Nerdster reserves the right to audit servers as needed and to perform administrative actions at the request of our data-center. Dedicated servers are NOT backed up by us and it is the responsibility of the client to maintain backups or have a solution for this.You may purchase an additional hard drive and maintain backups to it as the most simple solution. Please contact email@example.com a if you wish to obtain a secondary hard drive. It is your responsibility to maintain backups.
Nerdster reserves the rights to request proof of ID and phone contact details.
13.) Price Change
The amount you pay for hosting will never increase from the date of purchase to the renewal date. We do reserve the right to change prices listed on Nerdster.com.au, and the right to increase the amount of resources given to plans at any time.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Nerdster harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against Nerdster, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Nerdster against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Nerdster; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement and (4) any defective products sold to customers from Nerdster’s server.
By using any Nerdster services, you agree to submit to binding arbitration. If any disputes or claims arise against Nerdster or its subsidiaries, such disputes will be handled by an arbitrator of Nerdster’s choice. An arbitrator from The Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators of Australia. (IAMA). All decisions rendered by the arbitrator will be binding and final. The arbitrator’s award is final and binding on all parties. The Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state arbitration law, governs all arbitration under this Arbitration Clause. You are also responsible for any and all costs related to such arbitration.
Nerdster shall not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Nerdster makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. Nerdster disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, no deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by Nerdster and its employees.
Nerdster will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer to the extent permissible by law. We make no warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise for any Service we provide.
Under no circumstances, shall Nerdster, its officers, agents or anyone else involved in creating, producing or distributing the service be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use or the inability to use the Service; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to our records, programs or services.
16.) Disclosure to law enforcement
Nerdster may disclose any subscriber information to law enforcement agencies without further consent or notification to the subscriber upon lawful request from such agencies.
We will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
17.) Changes to the TOS
Nerdster reserves the right to revise its policies at any time without notice.
***Violations of the Terms of Service will waive the refund policy.***
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
18.) Reseller and Wholesale Partner
- If you are or become a reseller of our Services you must ensure that you continue to comply with these terms and conditions by making your customers bound to no less comprehensive and protective terms and conditions than these.
- You agree that in your capacity as reseller of our services you will not incur any liability on our part or in any way pledge or purport to pledge our credit or purport to make any contract binding on us.
- We do not accept the liability or default of your own customers as affecting or limiting your obligations under this agreement and we suggest that you require your customers to sign a form of this agreement.
- As a reseller of our Services, you are responsible for ensuring that any promotional, advertising or other material you distribute to your customers (whether in paper form or electronically):
- does not contain any misrepresentation relating to Nerdster or the nature of your relationship with Nerdster;
- is in accordance with all applicable advertising standards;
- does not contravene any law of the relevant jurisdiction;
- is appropriate in all the circumstances;and that you otherwise comply with all laws and regulations governing the exercise of your right as reseller under this agreement.
- retain the right to require you to cease distribution of any advertising, promotional and/or other material which in our view is unacceptable by reference to the criteria referred to at paragraph 4 above.
- You agree to indemnify, keep indemnified and hold us harmless from and against any claim brought against us by a third party resulting from the provision of our Services by you to your customers, and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, proceedings, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liabilities whatsoever suffered and howsoever incurred by us as a consequence of your breach or non-observance of the Reseller and ISP Terms.
- As a reseller of our Services, you are responsible for providing end user technical support to your wholesale customers. Nerdster will only provide information and support to an account holder; i.e. the Reseller and/or Affiliate Account Holder for the respective domain(s). In the event where a Reseller’s client requests any domain information or support, Nerdster will direct the client to contact the reseller in the first instance, providing the client with a contact email address listed on the reseller account.
- You agree to ensure that end user domain registrations are applied for in the Entity name of your end user/customer unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- At the request and appropriate verification of an Affiliate account holder we will split an end user’s account from the Reseller into its own Nerdster Retail account. Nerdster will then inform the Reseller accordingly.
- Domain registrants will be able to split away and manage their domain registrations and services directly via a Nerdster Retail account under the following conditions. If the conditions cannot be met, the domain registrant will be issued with a copy of the Authorisation Code(EPPDomain password) for transferal to another provider. Reseller Split request will be processed if submitted with specified documentation and:
- Reseller has explicitly confirmed acceptance following our notification;
- Reseller has not responded to our request for acceptance of the split within 48 hours of notification;
- the domain registration is currently expired;
- Reseller account is listed as Suspended or Blacklisted for non-payment.
- In an event of a domain registrant splitting their service away from the Reseller, all associated services will be moved to the Retail account and will be the responsibility of the new account holder.
- In an event of a domain registrant transferring their domain registration away from Nerdster for service provisioning externally, the subscription of services and its cancellation is the responsibility of the Reseller account holder.
- Reseller Agreement with ICANN:
- Reseller is prohibited from displaying the ICANN or ICANN-Accredited Registrar logo, or from otherwise representing itself as accredited by ICANN unless it has written permission from ICANN to do so.
- Any registration agreement used by reseller shall include all registration agreement provisions and notices required by the ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement and any ICANN Consensus Policies, and shall identify the sponsoring registrar or provide a means for identifying the sponsoring registrar, such as a link to the InterNIC Whois lookup service.
- Reseller shall identify the sponsoring registrar upon inquiry from the customer.
- Reseller shall ensure that the identity and contact information provided by the customer of any privacy or proxy registration service offered or made available by reseller in connection with each registration will be deposited with Registrar or held in escrow or, alternatively, display a conspicuous notice to such customers at the time an election is made to utilize such privacy or proxy service that their data is not being escrowed. Where escrow is used, the escrow agreement will provide, at a minimum, that data will be released to registrar in the event reseller breaches the reseller agreement, and such breach is harmful to consumers or the public interest. In the event that ICANN makes available a program granting recognition to resellers that escrow privacy or proxy registration data as detailed above, and reseller meets any other criteria established by ICANN in accordance with its Bylaws, reseller shall be permitted to apply to ICANN for such recognition.
- To the extent that Registrar is obligated to provide a link to an ICANN webpage, Reseller also shall be under an obligation to provide such linkage.
- If Registrar becomes aware that such a Reseller is in breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement, Registrar shall take reasonable steps to notify the Reseller that it is in breach of the reseller agreement and that Registrar has the right to terminate such agreement.